Postdoctoral Fellowship in Time Domain Astronomy
- Optical transient, Galactic variable, and Near Earth Object searches with the Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF).
- Infrared transient and variable searches with the ongoing Palomar Gattini-IR survey and upcoming Widefield INfrared Transient ExploreR (WINTER) survey.
- Data mining of extensive light curve archives for systematic studies of AGN variability and a variety of variable stars.
- Fast radio burst interferometric localization and multiwavelength follow-up, and CGM/IGM characterization based on the 110-antenna Deep Synoptic Array (DSA-110), and the VLA/realfast project.
- Low frequency radio transients with the Long Wavelength Array (LWA) at the Owens Valley Radio Observatory (OVRO), including auroral emission from exoplanets and counterpart radio bursts to compact binary mergers detected by LIGO/Virgo.
- VLA and VLBA follow-up of compact binary mergers detected by LIGO/Virgo and radio transients detected in the VLA Sky Survey (VLASS).
- Radio pulsar and FRB observations with the JPL Deep Space Network antennas in Canberra, Australia.
Deadline for the application is DECEMBER 15, 2019. Email inquiries in regards to the application process may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Caltech is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. To request disability accommodations for any part of the interview or hiring process, please contact 626-395-4970 for assistance or contact email@example.com.