Faculty Positions in Mathematics
The Division of Physics, Mathematics and Astronomy at the California Institute of Technology invites applications for tenure-track positions in mathematics. Applicants working in any field of pure mathematics will be considered. We are primarily interested in candidates at the untenured assistant professor and associate professor ranks, but will also consider applications for tenured professorial positions. We are seeking highly qualified candidates committed to a career in research and teaching. The term of an initial untenured appointment is four years, and the appointment is contingent upon completion of the Ph.D. Reappointment beyond the initial term is contingent upon successful review conducted prior to the commencement of the fourth year.
Consideration of applications will begin on November 16, 2020 and applicants are encouraged to submit materials before this date. Caltech has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in all areas and encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Applicants should include:
- a brief essay describing academic qualifications and professional experiences, how they will bring value to the Institute's curricula, and how they will align with current faculty research interests, including an outline of research goals and plans;
- a teaching statement, including approach to and philosophy of teaching;
- a diversity and inclusion statement that discusses past and/or anticipated contributions to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the areas of research, teaching, and/or outreach;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a list of papers published and submitted with refereed papers indicated, and
- at least three letters of reference to be uploaded by the letter writer. Please also include the names and email addresses of the referees in the application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application materials must be submitted electronically