Postdoctoral Fellowship in Time Domain Astronomy
- Optical transient searches and Galactic Plane survey science with the new Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF)
- An international transient follow-up network with the Global Relay of Observatories Watching Transients Happen (GROWTH)
- Infrared transient searches with the Palomar Gattini-IR wide-field survey
- Fast radio burst interferometric localization and multi wavelength follow-up, based on the 110-antenna Deep Synoptic Array (DSA-110)
- Data mining of extensive light curve archives for systematic studies of AGN variability and a variety of variable stars
- Radio transient observations with the Long-Wavelength Array, the VLA, and other observing facilities of the Caltech Owens Valley Observatory
- Radio pulsar observations with the JPL 70m Deep Space Network antenna in Canberra, Australia
Please apply online where we also list many additional prize postdoctoral fellowships in theoretical astrophysics and experimental astrophysics. Electronic copies of the curriculum vitae with email address and with citizenship indicated, publications list (indicate articles which appeared in refereed journals), and statement of research interests are required. Electronic Portable Document Format (PDF) submittals are preferred. The applicant is requested to ensure that at least three letters of recommendation are provided or sent directly to Caltech.
Deadline for the application is DECEMBER 15, 2018. Email inquiries in regards to the application process may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Caltech is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. To request disability accommodations for any part of the interview or hiring process, please contact 626-395-4970 for assistance or contact email@example.com.